CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Life...

I was cleaning out some of my college things today and came across a quote that I wrote down, not sure when, but it must have had an impact on me when I wrote it down and it did again today when I found it....here it is...

Life isn't a destination - it's a journey.
We all come upon unexpected curves and turning points, mountain tops and valleys;
Everything that happens to us, shapes who we are becoming.
And in the adventure of each day,
We discover the best in ourselves.
As I have been growing up over the last 28 years, I have seen myself in so many different lights. But, I guess what this kind of hit home with me is that we all make mistakes, no one is perfect, having it all really comes from within and most importantly you have to find yourself from all the adventures you as yourself have been on...I forget to sometimes to take a moment and really take the "journey" in and have it help shape me. For example, Brad and I went down to Cinci yesterday for just a day trip - we test drove some cars, stopped and had lunch, stopped at the outlets and then came home. For the first time we didn't rush home, we didn't worry about what was waiting for us at home, taxes, dinner reservations, cleaning, etc. We just took it all in and enjoyed it. We had a great time and made some great memories on what seemed to be such a simple trip or can you really even call it a trip? We both have so many things going on in our lives and we get so caught up on talking thru them all - we spent the day joking about how out of shape I am, how he is a control freak and discussed our future and we were both excited. That simple day was a mountain top for me, it made what has been such an emotionally hard and busy year, seem better because we are still here, we still have each other and we have so many memories ahead of us.
So, I have never been good at English, so maybe I totally misinterpreted this quote, but to me it was perfect interpretation.
I hope that everyone can enjoy everything that makes them who they are - we aren't all perfect, our faults or mistakes most of the time make us a better person and at the end of the day, we are who we are and we should embrace it! Why waste time away from enjoying the moment to focus on what else might not be right with us!!!
So, that is a lot for a Sunday - but it felt good to write it down! More upbeat things this week - promise!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog is so deep!!! They sounds like our converstaions over some wine!! Which we need soon!