CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

24 hours later...

I arrived back in the states with no sleep and wanting a shower! The plane ride home was a bumby one at one point I was wondering if we were going to make it back alive - it is all over now, so I feel good to be on the ground! We were delayed in Chicago for a bit and that was a little hard - being so close to home, but yet still having so much time until you get there is never a fun thing. Brad picked me up from the airport, we got carryout and then headed home to watch some TV and relax. I passed out around 11 and woke up at 3pm this afternoon - I woke up for about a minute to say goodbey to Brad and then back to sleep. Needless to say I feel like I could still sleep for 12 more hours and then feel okay! I plan on going to bed early tonight - the rest of the week and weekend will be too crazy and I won't be able to catch up then!

So, more about the plane ride - 15 hours without sleeping and no where to go gives you a lot of time to think. My good friend, Cam, gave me a great book for my birthday..."males, nails & sample sales - everything a woman must know to be smarter, savvier and saner sooner". It was a great little read and I loved it! Some of you know I am not the best saver, in the book it talks about neccessities versus luxurys. I never thought about fashion as a neccessity - always a want, and I try to always get what I want (being really honest here). Well, now thinking about it as a neccessity seems scary, but here is where the good stuff comes in - a prada handbag is a luxury, a new pair of expensive shoes are a luxury. Luxuries don't have to be purchased all the time, they are more appreciated when purchased every once and awhile. So, that is my new stance...only every once and awhile. She goes on to talk about what all women need...a great moisturizer, an amazing leather black handbag that is seasonless, a great white shirt (button down and tee) and a personal shopper to call for those last minute needs. Okay, the list goes on, but these things I don't have - so I am on the look out...these are also viewed as luxuries because they last so long...excited to start shopping for the great leather handbag...if anyone has an recs for the moisturizer I am open!

So, this book also got me thinking about those New Year Resolutions that I made and have not stuck too, so I am telling the world...and I can't let them down - so here it goes...

Work out and get in shape
Save more money
Follow Brad's Budget

Hope I can do it! Well, I am going to head to bed now! Hope everyone has a great week!!!

0 comments: