CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

typhoon...

so for all of you who keep up on the weather in Hong Kong - okay - so who does that? We had a leave 8 typhoon last night and today - it was a little scary. Please keep in mind that until this morning when I was talking to Brad - I had no idea what a typhoon was. But, it was a level 8 out of 10 and I did survive it! I will say the water was scary enough for me to look away. The hotel assured us that the windows were typhoon proof, but if something flying thru the air hit them, they might not be safe and to stay away. So, I did because there were things flying everywhere. I tried to get a good pix, but it just looked like nothing, so I stopped trying! We weren't allowed to leave the hotel before 1, so at one we packed up and headed to the office to try and get some work done. I have to say I am completely impressed with the work ethic of Hong Kong people - they were all headed into work after the warning was reduced to a level 3...amazing...I would have stayed at home...guess I need to work on that one. The streets look like after an OSU game...trash and stuff everywhere...it was gross...the city isn't the cleanest of them all, and add that level - not the best. So all in all, I survived my first typhoon - hope there isn't another one before we fly...or there isn't one while we are flying - pretty scary right Dan??? Hope it doesn't happen.

I just found out that Kathy, my mother-in-law had her knee surgery this past weekend - sorry I didn't call - I thought it was this upcoming weekend!! I hope that everything went well - I am thinking of you and praying for your quick recovery!

On another note, I miss home. I wish I was at home...I miss all the little things...the food, my family, my Brad, my friends, my little Gracyn, okay - so she is scott and heather's but she just makes me smile! Plus she learned to sit on her own and she looked so cute sitting there with us - can't wait till she gets a little bigger and she can talk with us too!

We are halfway thru the trip - well after today we will be and I am ready to head back home and meet up with Brad on vacation - can't wait love!!

Until another day! xoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! that is scary! The baby is Naomi! she is so cute!