CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

stop and smell the roses

This past week i was in NY for work and what a quick trip it was. 500am flight on Wednesday and home Thursday evening. I have been to NY so many times, I forget what it is like to really visit the city...I never do tourist things, I just kind of work until it is time to go to dinner, eat dinner, have a couple drinks with some friends and then straight back to the hotel to get some much needed sleep - oh I shouldn't forget that most times I leave time for shopping. Typically I stay in SOHO, so I am far from all the fun...this time, I stayed in Times Square...what a crazy place that is! After dinner on Wednesday night I walked with my designer to help her catch a cab and walk off some of the amazing Italian food I had just had. There were all these people standing in the middle of the road taking pictures of Times Square - it hit me that I never had been a tourist in the city...I never take the time to do things like that...so I started this week, I took my picture in the middle of Times Square...mom I am sure you are so proud - it had to be a fun picture...a boring one just wasn't going to do! So here it is...Fun times I tell ya! I bought something from a street vendor and almost got killed by a cab...doing all tourist things! Well, not many, but enough to make me happy! I will say everytime I am there, I wish I had taken the chance and moved there for a couple of years...what an amazing city...everything happens for a reason though right???


But, so here is my fourth or fifth New Year's Resolution...stop to smell the roses, when I am in different places at least doing something fun one night rather than working or shopping all the time...here is to it! Hope it works out. For the record I have started to work out every week and save more and follow Brad's budget...so far so good...so I am hoping that I can stick to this one as well!



Hugs and Kisses!!!

0 comments: