CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

lesson's learned...

going to get a little serious on the holiday weekend...the other day I was driving to work, listening to my IPOD when Carrie Underwood's "Lesson's Learned" song came on...it was interesting to listen to the words and see how easy they were to live by & each day this weekend I have thought about it.

Everyday, you learn something...you apply it to your life....and then the page turns - why -because it should. Not ever does time stand still...you have to embrace what you just learned, what you just went thru and apply and always remember. More importantly, I think all of us at one time in our lives look back and wonder if something would have gone a different way or can't move past something that went on - the song goes on to talk about how thru life there are always things that you wish you could undo, but you can't - bridges you wish you didn't burn - there are always tears that fell and you wondered if you would make it thru the night or the next day for that matter...the past can't be rewritten, live the life you were given. Be grateful for all the breaks in your heart...all the things that break you are what make you strong, you can't change the past - you have to move on - it's all about the lessons learned. Tears fall for everyone, sometimes its hard to embrace the changes that have been thrown your way, but you will be able to get thru it!

It was comforting to think of all the lessons I have learned throughout my life...I wouldn't be an ounce of who I am today without each of them - good and bad. I am thankful for all the breaks in my heart, because they have already made me a better person and I am not letting anyone stand in the way of that! Never did I say I was perfect - who is??? After all, its all pages turned - but lessons were always learned...at times we always want a second chance and sometimes we are given them, but to really impact a second chance you have to live it and not look back - how can you live if you keep looking back.

Just something to think about - I know it was a little rambled...but hey I am not perfect! Someday I just hope that I figure out this thing called life...it gets hard than easy then hard again...looking around - it can't be that bad!!

The reason for the blogging about song lyrics...I have a good friend who is so into music and was always making me listen to lyrics and we would talk about them - always pointing out the best thoughts from song lyrics! The other day after years of not talking with this person I found myself doing that same thing again - this time I just didn't have anyone to talk to them about - so I blogged them! same thing right???

hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!!!
Happy Anniversary to Cindy and Jared - love you both so much!

0 comments: